Services for Distance Education
Southwestern Adventist University is committed to serving students equally on or off campus. We can help you study and succeed in many ways.
Articles and Databases
- Search journal articles and databases.
- Find journal titles available online or in print from SWAU.
- Request journal articles not available at SWAU from other libraries.
Books at a Distance
You can borrow library books, audio, and video resources.
- Read our E-books online.
- Get books mailed to you. with a list of the library books you want and we will mail them to you (in the continental US only). Students usually have four weeks to return items, from the date we mail them out.
- It can be faster to pick up books in person. Find print books in the library catalog and click the "place hold" button. We will hold the books for you to pick up at the library circulation desk, for up to one week. You will need to have a library PIN to use this service. If you need one, call the library front desk at (817) 202-6242 or .
- Sign in to your account to see what items you have taken on loan and to renew them.
Using Other Libraries
- If you live in Texas, we can issue you a TexShare card so you can walk into other Texas libraries and borrow from them directly.
- You can also request books from other libraries. The book will be sent to SWAU and we can then either mail it to you or hold it for you to come in and pick it up. Please specify which when making the request.
Come to the Library
If you live near campus, take advantage of the library's convenient hours and spaces for quiet study and group work. Desktop computers on the first floor, a computer classroom, laptops, tablets, wireless Internet connection, scanners, and photocopiers are also available. See the floor plans to locate the best place for your intended use of the facility. We encourage you to reserve facilities for group work.